Sports Edge Athletics staff of Baseball and Softball trainers are highly skilled private instructors and are experts at advancing a player’s skill to reach their full potential and build confidence. Get started by booking your baseball lesson today!
Schedule individual baseball lessons today to improve your skills.
Meet Our Baseball Trainer
Matt Loosen is the Senior Pitching, Hitting and Defensive instructor. He joins Sports Edge Athletics after playing at the Collegiate level with Jacksonville University until he was drafted in 2010 by the Chicago Cubs. He played professionally for 5 years within their organization. Matt now coaches locally and has received his bachelors degree in Sports Management.
Career Highlights Include:
- All-Conference 2008, 2009, 2010
- Drafted 2010 23rd Round Chicago Cubs
- All Star Selection 2012
- Selected to Represent Chicago Cubs in Arizona Fall League
- Played 1 Year for the Laredo Lemurs
- Played 2 Years for the New Jersey Jackets
Baseball Private Lessons
Contact 904-854-2323 to schedule and/or purchase lessons.
All players will need to fill out a Baseball Waiver the first time in our facility.
Meet Our Softball Trainer
Softball Private Lessons
Contact 904-854-2323 to purchase and schedule lessons.
- No cleats
- Must wear helmet in cage
- No horseplay
- Must be supervised by an adult
- No swinging bats outside cage
- No field practice outside cage unless you have reserved the drill space.
Location: Beat the Heat at our indoor air conditioned training facility! 8457 Western Way, Jacksonville, FL 32256