In an effort to remain as socially responsible as possible, JJVA decided as a group, to SUSPEND ALL CLUB PROGRAMMING next week and proactively require all of our staff to get tested after seeing a spike in positive COVID-19 cases in Northeast Florida in the recent days.
While none of our JJVA staff members currently have a positive test or are even exhibiting any symptoms , we felt it morally necessary as business owners who care deeply about the safety of our teams and guests, to take proactive measures.
We will resume all JJVA Volleyball programming as regularly scheduled on Monday, July 6th, after our entire staff has had a chance to get tested.
Programs suspended next week are:
- Pre-Tryout Training – Rescheduled to July 6th and 8th
- All Private Lessons – Currently scheduled lessons will be moved to July 6th and 7th
- Edge Advantage Year Round Training Program – Will begin July 6th
- Volleyball Recreation League – The season will be extended by one week
- TAP – The new session will begin July 10th
- VolleyStars – Will be extended by one week
- AAU Team Practices – Rescheduled for the 11th and 13th
- Open Gym – Cancelled
All camps, baseball, basketball and rentals will proceed as planned.
In addition, starting this Monday, JJVA will be reinstating some of our phase one protocols including:
- Temperature checks at the front door
- Ask (not mandate) that when possible, parents drop athletes off at the facility without remaining to spectate.
- Stay at home and do not bring your athlete into the facility if you suspect they have been exposed to someone known to have COVID-19 or if they have had a fever or have not been feeling well in the last 3-5 days.
- We also recommend (not mandate) that everyone please wear a mask while in the facility. If you do not have a mask, we have masks available at the front desk.
Remember, we are all in this together and you can trust that your JJVA staff is continuing to deep clean and sanitize daily to help reduce any risk of exposure. Your safety and health remain our top priority.
Who we are
The Jacksonville Juniors Volleyball Association is the oldest and largest 501(c)3 non-profit youth volleyball sport association in the state of Florida. JJVA offers volleyball programs for boys and girls of all ages and all skill levels. Its programs range from beginners and recreational players to elite college bound athletes. Founded by three area coaches in 1989, JJVA has introduced volleyball to tens of thousands of players in its years of operation. In the past 30 years, this association has grown from 3 teams, 30 players, and 3 coaches, to 65 teams, over 600 players, and 80+ coaches in the 2017-18 season. The focus of JJVA is the development of the sport and its players for skill development and lifetime enjoyment. JJVA is in a one of kind 75,000 sq. ft. indoor 12 court facility off Western Way in Jacksonville, FL. At JJVA, our motto is to Get Better Every Day and that’s been our purpose and mission over the last 30 years. There is a program and/or team for everyone at JJVA and we look forward to welcoming you to our family!