Welcome to the ultimate opportunity for aspiring young volleyball athletes to elevate their game and catch the attention of college coaches! The Boys Volleyball Jingle Ball Classic College Coaches Clinic sets the stage for a transformative experience, providing players with a unique chance to hone their skills while gaining invaluable exposure to collegiate coaching talent. This clinic offers participants a crucial platform to showcase their abilities and build the foundation for a successful future in collegiate volleyball. Join us as we embark on a journey of skill development and recruitment readiness, all under the watchful eye of esteemed college coaches. It’s a prime opportunity to step up your game and make lasting impressions.
Check back often as we continue to add new schools and coaches!
DATES & TIMES
December 8, 2023
5:30 PM – 9:00 PM
SCHOOLS & COACHES
Bryan Buckius – Head Coach
Alberto Chiaparini – Assistant Coach
Eastern Mennonite University
Omar Hoyos Aliff – Head Coach
Jason Gibbs – Assistant Coach
Open to All 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027 Graduating Class Athletes
NCAA DII & DIII COACHES FROM AROUND THE COUNTRY WILL JOIN OUR STAFF IN ONE TRAINING SESSION DESIGNED TO EXPOSE ATHLETES TO DIFFERENT TRAINING METHODS USED BY SOME OF THE TOP COLLEGE PROGRAMS AND COACHES. COACHES WILL DISCUSS GENERAL RECRUITING INFORMATION, IMPORTANT DATES, AND NEW NCAA LEGISLATION.
JJVA member $100, nonmember $150| Open to any and all athletes
* Any and all athletes are able to purchase a membership through the EZfacility registration portal and/or MemberMe+ app at checkout
- Athletes who walk in to register may not receive a T-shirt.
2023 Attending Schools & Coaches
Tusculum University – Head Coach (NCAA DII)
- Bryan Buckius was named the head men’s volleyball coach at Tusculum University in December 2021.
- In his first season at TU, Buckius led the young program to a school-record eight wins and a fifth-place finish at the Independent Volleyball Association Tournament. In less than a month on the job, he led TU to a three-win improvement while facing a challenging schedule, which included three matches against teams that advanced to the NCAA Championship Tournament. The Pioneers finished eighth in the nation, averaging 1.65 service aces per set, led by senior setter Shaun Kampshoff. Kampshoff posted 0.58 aces per set, which was third-best in the country. He was also 28th in NCAA Division I in assists per set (8.65 aps). Kampshoff and junior Jake Whyte were named to the Off the Block All-Independent second team. In the classroom, 9-of-10 on his original roster earned a spot on the TU Athletic Director’s Honor Roll, with Kampshoff also receiving the D2ADA Academic Achievement Award. Buckius was named a recipient of the AVCA “Thirty Under 30” Award for his efforts.
- Buckius has a decade of volleyball coaching experience, including four years of collegiate coaching experience at the NCAA level, most recently at King University in nearby Bristol. He worked with both the men’s and women’s programs, and his duties included recruiting, scheduling, financial management, fundraising, and practice organization.
- Before King, he served on the coaching staff at Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania from 2018-2021. He was an assistant coach for both the men’s and women’s programs while also serving as the Director of Operations and the recruiting coordinator for the men’s team, which he was on the ground floor at the start.
- While at Elizabethtown, the two programs combined for a 69-53 overall record. Seven student-athletes earned All-Conference recognition during his time with the Blue Jays, including one Landmark Conference Senior Scholar-Athlete of the Year. The Elizabethtown programs earned three AVCA Academic Team Awards, and 11 players garnered Continental Volleyball Conference All-Academic laurels.
- Buckius also has club coaching experience, including Yorktowne Volleyball Club and Spooky Nook Volleyball Academy. While with Yorktowne, the program finished ninth at the USAV Boys Junior National Championship with a 22-2 overall record.
- In addition to his club coaching experience, Buckius has spent time as a private lesson instructor and a court coach at volleyball camps across the East Coast, including Nike Volleyball Camps, College Coaches Showcase Camps, and Exact Volleyball Showcase Camps.
- He graduated with honors from Millersville University of Pennsylvania with a degree in business administration.
- Bryan is married to the former Ashley Martin, and they currently reside in Jonesborough. The couple welcomed a baby girl in December 2022.
Tusculum University – Assistant Coach (NCAA DII)
Alberto Chiaparini was named a graduate assistant coach with the Tusculum men’s volleyball program in August 2022. He was promoted to director of volleyball operations in August 2023.
As a graduate assistant, he was responsible in assisting in the day-to-day operations of the TU program, including practice organization, recruiting, player development, NCAA compliance, scheduling, budgeting, and academic advisement.
The Joinville, Santa Catarina, Brazil native was a standout outside hitter at Bluefield (Va.) College, where he was the 2019 Mid-South Conference Player of the Year while leading the NAIA nationally in total kills. He was a three-time All-Conference selection (2018, 2019, 2021), earning All-Southeast Athletic Conference second-team laurels in his freshman season (2018) and posted All-MSC first-team recognition in 2019 and 2021. He was also a 2019 MSC All-Academic Team selection.
He graduated with cum laude honors from Bluefield with his Bachelor of Science degree in health and physical education, as well as exercise and sports science.
Omar Hoyos Aliff
Eastern Mennonite University – Head Volleyball Coach (NCAA DIII)
Omar Hoyos became the 11th coach in EMU men’s volleyball history before the start of the 2023 season.
- Head Coach Eastern Mennonite University 2023 – present
- Head Coach Wildfire Volleyball Academy (Girls), Florida 2019 – 2023
- Archbishop McCarthy High School (Girls), Florida 2019 – 2023
- 2021, 2022 District Champions, Rank top 3 in the state
- 2021, 2022 District Champions, Rank top 3 in the state
- Head Coach MVP Volleyball Academy (Boys), Florida 2016 – 2019
- 2019 National Champions 18’s open division
- 2017, 2018 (17’s & 18’s) Rank top 5 in the nation
- Head Coach San Juan Volleyball Club (Boys), Puerto Rico 2010 – 2016
- Head Coach / Asst. Coach, Notre Dame High School (Girls / Boys) Puerto Rico 2010 – 2016
- Head Coach Wesleyan Academy, Puerto Rico (Girls / Boys) 2003 – 2010
- MBA with a concentration in Marketing / University of Phoenix – December 2002
- Major in Liberal Arts/Political Science, with a minor in Business Administration / Interamerican University, San Juan, PR – 1996
Credentials / Certifications
- Puerto Rico Volleyball Federation Level II
- USAV Indoor Impact / SafeSport Certification
- USAV Indoor CAP I Approved (FPV certifications)
- Florida Department of Education Athletic Coaching Certification (Grades K-12)
- FIBA Level II
- PR Olympic Committee Strength and Conditioning Level I
- Concussion in Sports
- Heat Illness
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- University of Charleston, WV, NCAA DII
- Dominican Republic
- Santiago Professional Basketball League – GUG
Lewis University – Assistant Coach (NCAA DII)
Jason Gibbs is entering his inaugural season as an assistant coach with the Lewis Men’s Volleyball team.
Jason has been a coach for Houston Volleyball Academy for 5 years, coaching 14s, 15s, 16s, 17s, and 18s, and has helped HVA medal at both USAV National Championships and AAU National Championships. Jason has also coached for HVA’s beach program, helping multiple pairs medal at USAV Beach Junior National Championships.
Before joining the staff, Jason was a member of the team for 5 years, appearing in 81 matches from
2019 through 2023. In that time, Jason participated in two NCAA Final Fours, won two MIVA regular
season championships and two MIVA Tournament championships, and was voted for team
captain and the Billy Sahagian 2023 Most Inspirational award.
As a libero, Jason recorded 403 career digs, was a 3-time MIVA defensive player of the week, and
appeared in several matches as an outside hitter, including a sweep at #2 ranked UCLA, recording 10 kills, 9 digs, and 2 blocks while hitting .400 on the match.
Outside of indoor, Jason has competed internationally for the USA Beach U17 and U19 National Teams
including a gold medal at both U17 and U19 USAV Beach High-Performance Championships and
participated at the 2018 U19 FIVB Beach World Championships in Nanjing, China.
Jason is from Houston, Texas, received his Bachelor’s at Lewis in Organizational Communication, and is
currently working toward completing his master’s degree in Organizational Leadership.